2. We need to get our camping club going, cool stencil and all.
3. I know I've said it before (aloud, to actual people, not online), but I'll say it again -- I need to get an emergency kit assembled -- last night's storms made all of the sirens go off and I was actually worried/scared. Citizen preparedness! If anything happens to us, we will be fine. That is, if I assemble our emergency kit.
4. I'm going to start an "AFFECTION: Please reassemble for one last spectacular show" petition. Why do all great Little Rock bands disband before I can even get sick of them? Listening to Affection now is like a haunting -- it's like those feelings you get when you ride a bus alone. Please sign?
5. We've got some birthdays coming up -- I've got Bootsie's in the bag, but I need to know what KMHD is feelin', so I can plan accordingly. AHEM.
I feel such a deep need to be out-of-doors -- I don't care if it's a daytrip to Petit Jean or a picnic @ Toltec, or a full-blown camping trip -- I've proposed a camping trip for next weekend. It may still be risky, weather-wise, but we're prepared, right?
KMHD & I started talking about identity yesterday. I wanted to blog about it, but it's too complex for words. In short, I really enjoy worldly cuisines, musics, and um...scarves. Dad is caucasian & mom is Vietnamese, I'm bi-racial. But, there is no denying this: I'm soooooo white. I'm a naive, well-meaning, save-the-world complex havin' white person. Ha ha, I care about things! LOL, have you eaten at Layla's? Recycle this, protect the environment, organic this, Obama that. I'm having a difficult time, putting to words, who I am. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, but I find it crazy that I just can't say who, OR WHAT, I am. Can it be so simple, though? Can I just say, "I'm me, there's no other."? Sometimes I wonder if people are disappointed that I'm not Asian enough. ??? !!!!!
I need to get ready for AEH's rehearsal dinner. Thankfully, we aren't a wedding party member, but I think this is her way of thanking me for helping her with invites, programs, etc.
I miss Victor real bad today. He needs to come around, kick some people's asses for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment